Miami's Money Myths
What's really going on with the money down here?
We've heard the myths.
"There's no venture capital in Miami."
"Money down here is impossible to find."
"There's really no financial network down here."
False. Wrong. Incorrect!
There's venture capital here. South Florida has 40+ venture capital and angel investment groups. Some of the more active ones include:
- Miami Angels
- Athenian Ventures
- Florida Funders
- New World Angels
- FAN Fund
- Krillion Ventures
- Las Olas Venture Capital
Money's also not too hard to find. Angel investors give money away like candy... when the candy store looks nice.
On a serious note, local investors are extremely eager to support the next incredible, life-changing idea.
There are some great funds here, too:
- The Venture City's $100 million fund
- The Knight Foundation Enterprise Fund
- Rokk3r Fuel EXO's $150 million fund
We've got a dense network of banks as well. This isn't just a fancy way of saying, "Hey, you can open a bank account anywhere around the city," even though that's also true. It's more so a testament to Miami's financial interconnectedness on a global scale.
- Welcome to Brickell, Miami's Wall Street South (Forbes)
- Miami -- The Operational Financial Center For A Growing Latin American Market (Forbes)
- Miami banks on future as a financial hub (The Miami Herald)