Bienvenido a Miami
Welcome to Miami. Now What? General Resources To Get You - And Your Business - Started
So you just landed in sunny, South Florida!
Whether you're planning on coming here, have been here for a little, or have been in Miami for a while, there's a lot to know about the city.
Below, please find several resources on where to find all sorts of information on the entrepreneurial ecosystem in South Florida. It's not an exhaustive list, but it's a good place to start!
Where to get your news
- The New Tropic - local guide on all things Miami: news, culture, startups, government
- Knight Foundation's monthly newsletter (subscribe)
- The Miami Herald's Starting Gate blog
- South Florida Business Journal Startup News
- Miami Today
- Refresh Miami
- Beacon Council - Miami Dade's official economic development forum
- Refresh Miami hosts recurring events (they also have a city-wide events calendar)
- Venture Cafe Miami - Venture Café Miami is a nonprofit organization that seeks to grow Miami’s innovation community by working to make it more diverse, inclusive, accessible, and better connected locally, nationally, and globally. Venture Cafe hosts their public, free gathering at CIC every Thursday from 4-9PM to bring together innovators and entrepreneurs to engage in spontaneous conversations and curated programming.
- Startup Grind (monthly)
- Brainfood at The LAB (monthly)
- Action Design Miami (monthly)
- Digital Grass and their Tech Beats & Bytes -weekly gatherings around food, music and technology
- MIT Enterprise Forum (recurring)
- Refresh Miami - Refresh Miami is a community of hackers, early adopters, entrepreneurs and change artists. We’re a hub of inspiration and resources for people who develop innovative solutions, seek new technology and chase down dreams. With 9,000 members and a following of nearly 20,000, we’re the largest tech and entrepreneurial community in South Florida and beyond.
- Waffle Wednesdays - tech gathering hosted at Live Ninja in Wynwood, over waffles in the morning or savory treats in the evening.
- Disrupt Miami - A breakfast series that connects like-minded individuals with innovators who are shaping Miami's future.
- CIC Miami public events we host everything from financial technology to the important of acupuncture and wellness in the workplace. Come join for our public events!
- Creative Mornings - Tune in to read the story of our city told by local creatives, bloggers and entrepreneurs. Each week, a different member of CreativeMornings will take over to post what inspires them about South Florida.
INTERNATIONAL SOFT LANDING PROGRAM @ CIC Miami
By now it’s clear: CIC loves Miami. We want you to love it, too. Let us know when you’re coming to town, and we’ll provide you with a temporary home.
- Access to free advice/mentoring through weekly office hours w/ vetted experts, investors & service providers across all fields such as legal, accounting, human resources, investment seeking and preparation, marketing & branding
- Two week complimentary co-working membership at CIC Miami
- Introductions to leading locals in your field of interest
- Meetings around Miami’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Extended period in co-working at a discounted rate
- Access to CIC community of 200+ startups and internal client events